That means that it’s always important to know that axes are in the correct place – they are preset — ready to run a move. Motion has a function which can help you Preset to Run a cue.
This function automatically generates a cue at the end of the cue list which you can use to move axes into their preset position for a given cue.
To create a Preset cue:
- Locate the cue you want to preset for in cue list.
- Right click on the cue and click “Preset to run cue”
- The “Preset to Run Cue” menu will open, showing the current position of an axis and where it should be in order to be preset.
The list will display any axis which is currently not in the correct position ready to run the cue you selected.
You can see the Axis Name and Number, the axis’s current position, the last cue that contained a move for this axis and that last known position.
To plot a move for an axis that is out of position:
- Tap the
Plotbutton next to that axis to create a move.
- Tap the
Plotbutton next to any other axes you want to add to the cue.
+ Plotto create the cue.
- On a desk with multiple playbacks, you will be asked which playback you want the moves to be plotted on: Tap the desired playback.
The automatically generated cue is based on the lowest axis number included. So if Axis 1 is included in the automatically generated cue the generated cue number will be 9001.
To run the automatically created preset cue:
- Tap or click on the automatically generated preset cue in the cue list.
- To indicate that a cue has been loaded, it will show in the cue list with a green border.
The moves created in the cue use the default speed and accel/decel values for that axis. You may need to edit the cues and even adjust playback assignments if required.
- If required, edit the cue as normal.
Updateto save your changes before running the cue.